LinkedIn Marketing Strategy for getting ranked high in Google’s search results
As I’m sure you already know – today’s customers are smarter & more internet savvy than ever before…
Here’s your customer’s digital marketing strategy:
- Before they buy anything they check things out online first…
- They ask their friends and family who they’d recommend…
- They go online, do their research and then if they like what they see they may call you; but if they don’t like what they see, they’re on to the next person on their list – and, sadly, you missed out!
But you already know how smart today’s customers are – what you may not know is that while you’ve been worrying about how to get your website ranked higher in the search results, Google and the other search engines are already ranking your LinkedIn profile…!
Have a look at these two screen shots: I searched “julie south” (that’s me) in both Google (Chrome) and Internet Explorer (Bing). My LinkedIn profile:
- ranks #1 with both search engines;
- and again at #2 in Bing; and
- #3 in Google.
Believe it or not your potential customers are already looking at you… the $64-million dollar question is are they seeing you in the best online light?
What if they checked out your profile on LinkedIn but it hasn’t been updated in a while…?
Or it’s showing something you haven’t done in years…? (in fact, you may even have forgotten *that* – whatever *that* is – was still listed!)…
Google doesn’t realise your LinkedIn profile is out of date and you didn’t mean for it to show up. Instead, it’s happily ranking you high in its search results showing you to everyone who’s checking you out…
- … maybe you didn’t mean to abandon your LinkedIn profile … It was one of those things you meant to get back to but you kept putting off for more important things, life got in the way and then you just clean forgot about it… (until now?!)…
- … maybe you opened a LinkedIn account but didn’t take it too seriously …?
- … perhaps you got frustrated with all the requests to connect from people calling you “friend” who weren’t… !
- … or maybe you’ve been (mistakenly) thinking that people don’t go to LinkedIn to look for people who do what you do …?
- … or you got sick to the teeth of all the LinkedIn-based emails that landed in your inbox so you automatically started deleting them…?
If you’re anything like the busy professionals I coach, the chances are high your profile was something you meant to get back to, but just haven’t… (can you even remember what password or email address you used?) don’t worry – you’re not the only one.
Unfortunately, whatever your situation Google and the other search engines don’t care! They’ll continue to rank your LinkedIn profile high regardless of how you look!
If this sounds like you – here’s your next step:
If you’re one of the millions of people who’ve created a LinkedIn profile and haven’t updated it in a while now is the time to make sure your profile has some *Googlin* ooomph.
So let’s start with getting to the bottom of your biggest LinkedIn headache so we can deal to that first.
Tell me what frustrates the heck out of you and we’ll sort it out together
- Do you get tangled up with the technology…?
- Do you struggle with knowing where to start…?
- How about time? Are you burning the candle at both ends wondering just how the !! you’re going to fit in yet another task like LinkedIn…?
- Or is it something else entirely …?
Send me an email (← click that link right now) and tell me WHY you want to update your LinkedIn profile and what YOUR BIGGEST FRUSTRATION(S) are – I promise to reply!